Hampton Inn LaGuardia
Please Click This Button
DATE : Sunday March 24, 2019
TIME : Registration & Breakfast 8:00 am
Topic: Overview of Insulin for Diabetes (1 Credit Hour)
Speaker: Tania Naeem Pharm.D
First Care Pharmacy Brooklyn NY
1. Compare various insulin formulations available on the market
2. Analyze advantages and disadvantages of each insulin
3. Create patient-specific insulin regimens for diabetes patients
4. Differentiate between basal-bolus and sliding scale therapy
10:00 am- 1:00 pm
Topic: Medication Error prevention, does my
business model creates medication errors (3 Credit Hours)
Speaker: Fernando Gonzalez R.Ph
Field Coordinator, Division of Pharmacy Practice
Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy
and Health Sciences
1. Describe how to analyze a medication errors & contributing factors and root causes of the event .
2. Select effective error reduction strategies.
3. Identify & Correct my practice sites flaws & pitfalls in preventing med-errors
4. What to do when errors are made .
Topic: Refresher to Antibiotics (2 Credit Hour)
Speaker: Umer Farooq Pharm.D BCCP
1. Introduction of different classes of antibiotics on the basis of mechanism of action.
2. Significance of selection of antibiotics based upon sensitivity, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
3. Understanding the mechanism of resistance to antibiotics.
4. Different test used for early detection of resistant genes in bacteria.
5. Strategies to overcome the antibiotics resistance.
Yacoob Noor 516-637-9463
Asghar Chuhan 917-686-0246
NasimUr Rahman 914-337-3780
Hampton Inn LaGuardia 102-40 Ditmars Blvd
East Elmhurst NY 11369