Sunday April 24, 2022, 8:00 AM
PAPA & ST. John’s University Present Six-Hour CE Via Zoom
Asthma Role of Pharmacist 0043-9999-22-022-L01-P
Presenter: Ahsaan Qadir Pharm.D
Pharmacist: Columbia University & Bliss Pharmacy
1. Define Asthma
2. Outline the epidemiology and pathophysiology of asthma
3. Outline asthma steps in asthma diagnosis
4. Compare treatment options for asthma in 2020
NHLBI and 2021 GINA guidelines
5. Define SMART therapy and explain rationale for use
Identifying Common Causes on Medication Errors and Implementing Changes for their Prevention 0043-9999-22-025-L01-P
Presenter: Joseph V. Etzel, Pharm.D
Assistant Dean for Pharmacy Student Affairs, College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, St. John’s University
1. Define “medication errors” and discuss their socioeconomic impact
2. Differentiate between “human errors” and “system errors”
3. Explain how human perception can influence the occurrence of medication errors
4. Provide examples of how poor packaging and labeling may result in errors
5. Discuss the importance of proper communication in the minimization of errors
6. Explain how the use of technology can both minimize error occurrence and can introduce new sources of errors into practice.
Can DOACs DO IT? Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of Oral Anticoagulation in CKD 0043-9999-22-023-L01-P
Presenter: Ghania Naeem Pharm.D
1. Discuss the guideline recommendations for oral anticoagulation in the management of atrial fibrillation.
2. Evaluate the efficacy and tolerability data of warfarin and direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs) in atrial fibrillation
with underlying chronic kidney disease (CKD) from published clinical trials.
3. Evaluate the appropriateness of using the CHA2DS2-VASc and HAS-BLED scoring criteria in CKD.
4. Apply evidence-based literature findings to make recommendations for patient care.
Vaccine Update Pneumonia 0043-9999-22-024-L01-P
Presenter: Arzu Fatima Moosvi, PharmD
1. Identify the two types of Pneumonia and discuss symptoms associated with Pneumonia
2. Describe Different types of Pneumonia Vaccines
3. Review Updated Pneumonia Vaccine guidelines
4. Identify clinical considerations for Prevnar 20 and Vaxneuvance.