Credit Cruise CE Meeting
Managing Breakthrough Pain in Cancer Patients
Presented by Annie Qadir Pharm.D
DATE : Sunday August 20th 2017
TIME : The Boat Cruise around Manhattan is 5:30 pm – 10 pm (Boarding at 5:00 am)
- Describe the pathophysiology and characteristics of breakthrough pain, its prevalence, and the negative impact on patients.
- Explain the pharmacokinetics of opioids, benefits and limitations of approved treatments for breakthrough pain.
- Evaluate the concepts of opioid misuse, abuse, and addiction; ways to minimize risk in cancer patients taking opioids; and strategies to address issues, including the implementation of Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) programs.
- Discuss special considerations for pharmacist who treat cancer patients with breakthrough pain, and how clinicians can collaborate to improve patient outcomes.
- Explore patient case studies in cancer patients in order to promote practical learning.
PAPA 4th Sunset Cruise
- Halal Desi Food served
- Arrangement for Prayers
- Parking Available at the Pierre or at 43rd Street across from Pierre 81
Please Click This Button
FOR NON MEMBER
[tc_ticket id=”758″ title=”Register Now” soldout_message=”Tickets Are Sold Out.” show_price=”true” price_position=”before” type=”buynow”]
Written or email notice is necessary for cancellation, verbal cancellation is not accepted
Cancellation before August 10, 2017 Full Refund
Cancellation before August 15, 2017 50% Refund
Cancellation after August 15, 2017 No Refund
Seats Are Limited
RESERVATIONS ARE NON TRANSFERABLE